- Alcoutim to Balurcos: 24km
- Balurcos to Furnazinhas: 14km
- Furnazinhas to Vaqueiros: 21km
- Vaqueiros to Cachopo: 15km
- Cachopo to Barranco do Velho: 30km
- Barranco do Velho to Salir: 16km
- Salir to Alte: 19km
- Alte to Messines: 20km
- Messines to Silves: 30km
- Silves to Monchique: 31km
- Monchique to Marmelete: 16km
- Marmelete to Barão de São Jão: 37km
- Barão de São João to Vila do Bispo: 24km
- Vila do Bispo to Cabo de São Vicente: 17km
Alternative finish via Aljezur and the Rota Vicentina (GR11)
- Marmelete to Aljezur: 19km
- Aljezur to Arrifana: 12km
- Arrifana to Carrapateira: 24km
- Carrapateira to Vila do Bispo: 22km
- Vila do Bispo to Cabo de São Vicente:14km
For more information about walking the Via Algarviana visit the official website. A printed guide with individual maps of each section, plus all the link routes are available free of charge (postage is payable).
The Via Algarviana – an English guide to the ‘Algarve Way’ by Harri Garrod Roberts is available from online bookstores, included Amazon’s Kindle store and is priced at £2.99.
Never Too Old To Backpack: The Via Algarviana by Tracy Burton is available from Amazon and is priced at £2.99.
For more photographs of the Via Algarviana visit Pinterest.